Monday, September 24, 2012

3, 2, 1... Here goes!

I never thought it would feel this normal. Like slipping into your favorite pair of slippers or those old sweatpants from ten years ago. Is this normal for it to feel normal? I don't really have time to stick with that thought as the oncoming Spanish overtakes it. I have to reply. "Queiro una agua, porfa." It continues. It continues through the pot hole roads and heat. It continues onto a bus filled with Reggeaton and broken seats. It continues onto a campus full of friends rattling off rapidly in harder-to-understand-than-on-the-plane Spanish. This is normal. This is my life.

This is what my life will be like for a year. I am excited to start round two of my STINT experience in Venezuela. I didn't think I'd be this happy to be back. I didn't think I'd remember this much Spanish to be able to communicate with my friends. I did count on Jesus showing me His love though and letting me know that no matter whether I love it or hate it here, it is where He wants me. That's something to be very thankful for. Here goes the start of this year...

1 comment:

  1. Loved to read this, Ash would be proud you didn't misspelled any word!

    ReplyDelete